Stockbridge Parish Council
Stockbridge Parish Council
The Following Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency.
Flood Alert in force: Middle Test.
Flooding is possible for: River Test from Longstock to Timsbury.
Levels in the Middle River Test are high and rising with some out of bank flooding already affecting low lying land between towns and villages. Prolonged rainfall has affected the area over the last few months with 47mm in 2 days recorded at Broughton. This is two thirds of normal monthly rainfall. The rate of rising water will be relatively slow but locations at increased risk of flooding are Stockbridge High Street, Broughton and Timsbury. During heavy rainfall, Stockbridge High Street in particular, is now more vulnerable to road surface water flooding, which then could impact on property. Lighter rain is forecast until 15:00 today (16/02/20). Over the next 5 days 15 mm of rain is forecast which will keep groundwater and river levels rising. Our operations staff are keeping the River Test clear of blockages. We continue to monitor the river. Please take appropriate action to ensure that you can protect your property. This Flood Alert will be updated at 12:00 on 17/02/20.
To check the latest information for your area visit the GOV.UK website to see the current flood warnings, view river and sea levels or check the 5-day flood risk forecast: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/target-area/065WAF104 or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial code: 216052. Follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter. Tune into weather, news and travel bulletins on local television and radio.
What you should consider doing now
- Monitor local water levels and weather conditions.
- Get ready to act on your flood plan if you have one.
- Move your car or other vehicles to higher ground, if it is safe to do so.
- Prepare a flood kit of essential items including a torch with spare batteries, mobile phone and charger, warm clothes, home insurance documents, water, food, first aid kit and any prescription medicines or baby care items you may need.
- Check that you know how to turn off your gas, electricity and water mains supplies.
- In rural locations, farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water. 30 cm of fast-flowing water can move a car and 6 inches can knock an adult off their feet.
- Flood water is dangerous and may be polluted. Wash your hands thoroughly if you've been in contact with it.
The Parish Clerk
- 07770 406607
Find Stockbridge Parish Council
Church View, Palace Close, Kings Somborne, Stockbridge, Hampshire, SO20 6PS
The Parish Clerk works on a part time basis. Therefore there may be a delay in responding to your communication. However, we will endeavour to respond as soon as possible.